ORANGE COUNTY INTERSCHOLASTIC
MODIFIED BASEBALL BY-LAWS
Adopted June 2, 2004
1. The current National Federation of State High School Association Baseball Rules, NYSPHSAA Rules & Regulations and the following OCIAA adopted modifications will apply.
b. 3:40 p.m. till 3:55 p.m., visiting team has field for warm-up.
c. 3:55 p.m., group rules
d. 4:00 p.m., play ball
e. Visiting team may have batting practice if there are two (2) batting areas.
2. Doubleheaders: A maximum of two (2) doubleheaders may be played during a season. The following restrictions apply to the use of doubleheaders:
a. The maximum number of doubleheaders allowed is tow (2).
b. A team may not play three (3) games in two (2) consecutive days. No more than three (3) games a week may be played.
c. Pitching limitations remain the same.
d. Each game of the doubleheader is to be six (6) innings. No team may play more than 14 innings in one day. This allows a total maximum of two (2) extra innings in the event of tie game(s).
a. Catchers shall wear the full protective equipment of helmet, mask with throat protector, chest protector, shin guards and cup.
b. Batters and base runners shall wear protective headgear.
c. Any player warming up a pitcher, on or off the diamond, shall wear a mask.
d. Only sneakers or shoes with molded soles and molded cleats are permitted in the modified program. Shoes with metal posts or spikes are not permitted in any modified sport.
2. A pitcher may pitch no more than 12 full innings in any one calendar week and no more than 7 innings in any one game. After pitching 4 or more full innings in any one game there must be a least 2 nights of rest before pitching again. When removed, the contestant may play any other position.
3. Designated hitter will not be allowed.
4. An extra player, referred to as EP is optional (on a game-by-game basis), but if one is used, it must be known prior to the start of the game (official lineup card) and be listed on the scoring sheet in the regular batting order. If the EP is used , he must be used for the entire game. Failure to complete the game with the EP results in the forfeiture of the game (except in case of injury or ejection from game with no eligible players left to enter, the rules permit play with eight men). If an EP is used, all 10 players bat, but only 9 can play defense each inning. The person designated as the EP (not a defensive player at the start of the game) may at a later time play a defensive position; the defensive player now is only a batter for that inning and not a fielder. There will always be one player in the lineup not on the field defensively. The EP may be substituted for at any time, either by a pinch-runner or pinch-hitter who then becomes the EP. The substitute must be a player who has not yet been in the game. Substitutes and reentry will be treated as in the past. A starter may re-enter the game into his same batting order position.